Wednesday 24 August 2016

An Orphan who has discovered his parents





The Evergreen lines of Robert Frost .. "Two roads diverged in a wood and I took the one less traveled .." inspired me nine years ago, when I started my journey of Ecological Informatics (EI) at the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management- Kerala (IIITM-K).

Over the last many years, I experienced almost all human emotions. Anxiety, disappointment, frustration, dejection, anger, cheer, joy and hope are the few to easily recollect. IIITM-K stood along and never let us down. Nevertheless the lack of a mentor was felt many times. Multiple instances of in-house debate on the wisdom of Frosts' words were inconclusive. Days seemed to get shorter and the nights longer. 

Although I felt like a lone orphan on the deck of a ship without sails; I never let optimism slip off.  Patience, perseverance and persistence has finally yielded. Deep within the forest I have come across a clearing with well-preserved imprints of great scientific work. I do not have words to express my feeling. Perhaps this would be the feeling of an orphaned child upon discovering his/her parents. 

I see the Sun in the horizon. As the day advances it will reveal the professional lineage of EI can be traced to one of the most respected scientists. I am signing off for now. 

Will be back soon with more revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment